It is really funny that when we are in the comforts of our own home, we want to get out or go somewhere far to pursue our studies, or going against our parent’s orders, or even sometimes are ungrateful for the things that they do for us. Things starts to change when we are out of the house whether are we in KL, UK, or any parts of the world only we realize that home is where the heart is.
These are some things that I have learnt through the course of 2 years plus being out of the house. Before I was in KL, my life has its ups and downs (for those of you who know me, you know what I am saying). And before I left for KL, my relationship with my family and especially God improved! I was so close to Him to the extent that He reveals to me quite a lot of things through dreams and burdens. And amazingly all that did came to pass.
Then when I was in KL, things started to change. I still keep close contact to my family (literally call everyday and talk more than one hour). But the only one person I didn’t keep in contact was God. I was out of touch with him after 1 semester in KL. That was my downfall and by the time I finish my studies, graduated and worked, I was totally lost. Though I didn’t go to those night clubs and pubs and whatsoever, little did I realize that I was so hook on to hanging out in cafes (Old Town CafĂ©, Wong Kok, Station 1 kopitiam etc.)
At that time, I was so emotional, over-sensitive, and impulsive. I did things without thinking about the outcome. Basically, I did and say things based on my own emotions and ended up hurting many people whom I care about and love. Thank God He is faithful. After working for 6 months plus and returning home, my relationship with God started to heal. He is really faithful and just and He stood by me all the way despite me being stubborn, arrogant and wayward.
After 3 months plus in UK, I thank God that I can cling on to Him, and that He help me through every challenges, trials and temptations faced. It is not easy being far away from home, especially in a foreign country, without family. I really pray that I will no longer be my old self back in KL, but will be a changed and re-new person after I finish my studies and return back to Malaysia in July…(this is my deepest wish and plan, but in the end, God’s plan is still the best).
Being far away from home is not easy. I am not ashamed to say that I miss home like mad and do cry too for some time. But as I am getting busier with studies, things began to change but two things in my life which is superbly dear to me will never change. They are GOD and my family (including my extended family in Christ, and my friends back home).
As Christmas is a few days away, I wish everyone back home Merry Christmas and also a blessed New Year. I will be stuck in campus with my college mates who came down during Christmas for apparently; there is no public transport on Christmas day. So, this year, my Christmas celebration will be different, because I don’t get to spend them with the people I love the most.
But God is great, in another few months time, when I have submitted my assignments, tour Europe, attend my convocation, I WILL BE BACK WITH THEM!! I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE ALL THOSE WHOM I LOVE BACK HOME! TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS, LOVE YOU ALL AND BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED NEW YEAR TOO!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment